Distribution of Checks
Honorariums, reimbursements, subject payments, vendor payments, stipends and travel advances.
Student Loans - lender bank checks for endorsement by the medical student and net checks processed through the School of Medicine Financial Aid office may be picked up at the School of Medicine Cashier's Office with proper photo identification (Student ID or Driver's license.) The School of Medicine Cashier’s Office will notify the Financial Aid Office when to contact students for check pick-up.
Reimbursement of Petty Cash
Reimbursement of funds used for Official University use, office/office related supplies. Forms must be completed and signed by authorized official before it is taken School of Medicine Cashier’s Office for cash reimbursements.
- Not valid for amounts over $125.00
- Original receipt required.
- WSU or authorized personnel can receive cash reimbursements with photo I.D.
- Forms must be completed with index, fund, org, account code and program numbers
Forms are available online here. Select Petty Cash Voucher Form, fill form out online, and print two copies. One is for the department and the other is for the Fiscal Affairs Office.
Distribution of Petty Cash to Subjects Participating in Clinical Trials or Research Projects
This form authorizes WSU or authorized personnel to receive funds from a current account, for participants in a WSU authorized study. Both advance and voucher forms are attained from School of Medicine Cashier’s Office, once the form is completed and authorized signatures obtained, the form is returned to School of Medicine Cashier’s for disbursement of funds.
- Amount of funds advanced is not to exceed $200.00, unless authorized by Director of Fiscal Affairs
- Funds/and or petty cash vouchers are due five working days from the date of disbursement
- Cash increments to be determined by School of Medicine Cashier’s Office.
- Funds must be kept in a secure location and not in a separate/personal bank account
- Funds must be used exclusively for the purpose described herein, each payment not to exceed $50.00 per person.
- See forms below:
- Petty Cash Subject Participant Voucher
Advance of Pretty Cash for Payment to subjects participating clinical Trials
Payment in the form of personal checks, cashier’s checks, certified checks, traveler’s checks, and money orders, are accepted for tuition payments. Each payment must have students name and ID number before it can be processed. Payment by DISCOVER/MC/AX may be transacted on line via Pipeline using Student ID number and Birth date.
Other Student Payments
School of Medicine Science Store, Bio Medical Communications., Microscope Fees for College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences (payments are $55.00 or $110.00 are the only exceptions for receiving over $100.00 in cash). School of Medicine Cashier’s Office does not except cash payments over $100.00.
Distribution of Procurement Cards sent from the Purchasing Department in Academic/Administrative Bldg. Photo ID must be presented and form signed for pickup
9:00 am to 2:30 p.m. - Monday through Friday
550 Canfield 316 Lande
Phone: (313) 577-1481
Fax: (313) 577-1272